Friday, October 11, 2013

The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore


Title: The Rise of Nine

Author: Pittacus Lore

Book #: 3rd of Series



Publisher: HarperCollins


Publish Date: August 21st 2012

Pages: 360


Format: Hardcover


Date Read (Throwback)October 6th 2012

Rating
  / out of 5



I know what I'm capable of; I am a soldier now, a warrior. I am someone to fear, not hunt.

Summary:

In order to save our world and their own, John and Nine must join forces with Six and Seven who have been battling the Mogadorians in Spain, and who are now trying to locate Number Eight in India.

Power in numbers will save us all.
(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)

Review:

Let me just say that I fell in love with every character in this book. From Marina, to Crayton and Ella, to Nine, Eight and Six. All of them! Even the commander who was so reluctant to leave Eight's side because that was how loyal he is. Unfortunately, I started to resent John.

I kept wishing I was one of the Garde. That moment when they all came together (except still without five) and stood united, it was perfect! I couldn't help but think how amazing it must feel, knowing that they were each looking at the 6 remaining people of their kind, and that they were the last, best hope. I could have cried.

Then John went and ruined it. I feel bad about Sam, I really do. And I feel bad about Sarah. John definitely had more earthly connections than the other Garde which makes all of this decisions harder to make. I just wish he did some things differently. (view spoiler)

I hope that (view spoiler). That would be great! 

What I don't understand: Our government. What a shame!

Overall, the Garde are awesome! I love them all the same (John a little less) I cannot wait for the next book!


On My Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/428075244

No comments:

Post a Comment