Friday, October 18, 2013

Aliens Omnibus, Vol. 1 by Mark Verheiden


Title: Alien Omnibus, Vol. 1

Author: Mark Verheiden

Book #: 1st of Series



Publisher: Dark Horse Comics


Publish Date: July 3rd 2007

Pages: 384

Format: Paperback


Date ReadOctober 18th 2013

Rating
 / out of 5



For us, mere existence isn't enough. We demand the accoutrements of life as well. The alien makes no such demands. They live in a very simple world.
They live to kill.
They live to breed.
And finally, they survive.

Summary:

The first three Dark Horse Aliens series - Outbreak, Nightmare Asylum and Female War - are collected in a value-priced, quality-format omnibus, featuring nearly 400 story pages in full color. Aliens Omnibus Volume 1 is an essential piece of the Aliens mythos and a great entry point into the storied Dark Horse Aliens library.
(Synopsis taken from Goodreads)

Review:

I really enjoyed the Alien movies, from what I remember. I am actually going to be re-watching all of them, as well as Prometheus, and thought that now would be a good time to check out this graphic novel.

__________

From my previous knowledge, I expected to see certain characters, including Ripley, Hicks, and Newt. Going into this novel, though, I met characters with different names who seemed to have shared the same experiences. As I continued on into the other stories, I became confused as to which character was which, who was who, and what actually took place in the movies.

I think things could have been cleaned up a bit more, in order to make the flow better. There were also some pages were dialogue was cut off either at the top or bottom.

Overall, I think this was a pretty decent graphic novel. Nothing amazing, but I did enjoy it and want to read the rest.

Quote:

We wanted to believe in our galliant justifications, but the truth is never so simple.

Pages

To come!


On My Goodreads:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/738482459

No comments:

Post a Comment