Sunday, September 29, 2013

Heaven by Alexandria Adornetto


Title: Heaven

Author: Alexandria Adornetto

Book #: 3rd of Trilogy



Publisher: Feiwel & Friends

Publish Date: August 21st 2012

Pages: 417

Format: Hardcover


Date Read (Throwback): September 27th  2012

Rating
 / out of 5


That is when you need faith the most. Not when everything is going your way, not when you have much to be thankful for, but when there is darkness all around.

Summary:

Bethany has done more traveling in one year than most people do in their entire lives: She's been to Heaven, to Earth, to Hell and back. Now, after tying the knot with Xavier, the worst of their problems are about to begin. As Bethany struggles to cling onto her human life, Heaven is trying twice as hard to drag her back.

Will she be able to overcome the greatest challenge of all and defy her heavenly Father?

Review:

This third addition to the series was pretty good, though I was mostly pleased with the ending, which I thought to be fairly satisfying for the end of the trilogy. 

However, the first two books in the series, while they did have flaws, did not have nearly as many flaws as I found in this book.

I felt like many of the choices the characters made were too impulsive. They would rush into certain (achem) situations without really thinking it through, and then acted all dumbfounded by the consequences. Specifically, I am talking about the Vegas style wedding Bethany and Xavier had which(view spoiler) but I'm not going to point any fingers. 

I also began to get slightly annoyed the personalities of many of the characters. 

Honestly, I think this is entire series is basically a guilty pleasure read for me. If I were to really analyze everything, I probably wouldn't have liked these books at all. I think what gets me is that these books portray how angels are supposed to be, guardian angels. I always have a soft spot for angel books written right.

Overall, I think it is a very heartwarming ending to the trilogy. Despite how I felt about the characters, I did find their adventures interesting and was glad to see how it all wrapped up.


On My Goodreads:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/415747196

No comments:

Post a Comment